Online study course about Wicca

This blog discusses aspects of the Master of Wiccan Studies course offered through the ULC Seminary.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lesson 9-Reincarnation

Robert--
 
Sorry, little behind on some of my studies.  Between working, illness, and trying to maintain my ministry/coven, just been slightly a little overwhelmed.  Anyway, just a few comments.
 
1)There are some links within the lesson that are not working.  I always look at any references or links if I can access them. The only one working in the lesson is : http://www.religioustolerance.org/buddhism.htm.
 
2)My understanding of death in the Egyptian Pantheon is like this:  After one dies, their works are measured and weighed (Weighing of the Heart). If the heart was shown to be in balance, then you would enjoy the afterlife with the Gods. Those works that are bad/evil/not worthy are eaten by the Devourer and based upon this would determine the soul's end.  I do have a copy of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, but unfortunately, have not had opportunity to read and study it. 
 
3)Native Americans follow a tradition known as the "Red Road". I have a friend who was adopted into the Native American tradition and follows this path.  He does have Native American ancestry.  He is both a drummer and dancer and these positions are not taken lightly.  They are sacred.  As far as the afterlife, this is not a topic that I have discussed with my friend, but will for future reference.  Here is a link for those interested in Native American or First Nations people view on death: http://dying.lovetoknow.com/native-american-death-rituals.
 
4)My personal belief on Reincarnation is that when we die, we do go to the Summerlands or to Valhalla. It is here that we we review our life and the lessons that we learned.  From there we take a rest and then decide if we are going to return for a new incarnation.  I do know that I am an old soul.  I have done some past life regression and there are things that I do remember that I cannot explain in this life.  I also believe that many of the souls that return into a carnation come in family groups (or find each other in this life).  There are people that are in my life now that I feel that I have always known them (even though in this incarnation I have only known them a short while).   My husband and I know we have been together in previous lives as lovers in one and as siblings in another.
 
Well, until next time,
 
Blessed Be,
 
Rev. Candy S. Lacey-Partlow
(aka HPS RavenMoon)
Rose Oak Interfaith Ministries/
Coven of The Three-Fold Path
rev.cslacey@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment