Online study course about Wicca

This blog discusses aspects of the Master of Wiccan Studies course offered through the ULC Seminary.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lesson 14

I find it very interesting the study of Gods and Goddesses and the fact that the characteristics of the Gods and Goddesses are the same; only the names have changed based on the locale. 
 
Celtic Herne-Greek Pan: Lords of the forest and creatures
 
Kwanyin-Bast: Both Goddesses of compassion.
 
Brigid-Hecate: Triple Goddesses.
 
I was a Christian for many years and one of the things that led me to believe that there were many Gods were the various names of God in the Bible.  Elohim is plural for God.  I first researched this years ago and when I came to understand that this was plural I began to research further. Jehova-jirah (Lord hath seen); Adonai (Father/Daddy); El-Shaddai (God Almighty); Sophia (feminine aspect meaning Wisdom). 
 
I would love to have the time to do an in depth study and cross-reference of the charasteristics of the Gods and Goddesses and the names associated with them! But time does not permit.
 
Blessings until next time!
 
Rev. Candy Lacey-Partlow (aka HPS RavenMoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment