Online study course about Wicca

This blog discusses aspects of the Master of Wiccan Studies course offered through the ULC Seminary.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lesson 8

When I first came to Wicca many years ago, I came to it through the study and use of herbs and crystals because I had been so ill for quite some time and no medication, surgery, or therapy seemed to resolve how I felt. I discovered metaphysical energy through alternative healing methods and by the use of crystals and herbs (everything having this bioelectrical energy that could be utilized methaphysically).  I learned to meditate and I learned this very technique you have instructed in the "baby exercises".  I was amazed at the warmth and comfort I felt. 
 
As studied further and discovered that I had been doing some of this healing by "laying on of hands" for many years and instinctually.  My grandmother had this gift as well and was known as the "granny lady" that people would come to for miles around (she was Pennsylvania Dutch and practiced "Powwow"-not Indian powwow). This gift had been passed to me.  It has been amazing that some of the things that I had learned growing up or felt or knew actually had a name. 
 
I recently held a tea and healing ritual for a small group of people.  We set up our altar and conducted our ritual.  We felt very powerful energy during this time.  We left the altar when we were finished and while we were having our tea inside, we noticed a great deal of smoke coming from the direction of the altar.  Everything had been destroyed.  Now, my husband likes to look at things soooo scientifically; I look at it from a metaphysical perspective.  The fact that most of our candles, altar cloth, and the table were destroyed tells me that the battle was fought at the altar.  One of the women in my coven was doing ritual work for a healing for a grand child; I was doing ritual healing work for my heart condition; another was doing some in-depth searching for some healing emotionally and mentally.  Within a few days we receive answers-the grandchild was healing by leaps and bounds; I received word that my heart was healing very well after having my heart attack; and the other had some answers to some issues that she was working on.  These issues were destroying the quality of our lives; but these issues were battled for us. One of the gals present is a Reiki Master and she told me the intense power she felt while we performed this ritual. (If anyone wants a copy of the ritual, please email and I will send.) 
 
You mention that you put Air in the North, I always put it in the east.  My reasoning is because the East and Air represent projection, intuition, and inspiration. 
 
One question: Do you see the Stars as also representing an aspect of Spirit?
 
Bright Blessings,
 
Rev. Candy S. Lacey-Partlow (HPS RavenMoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment