Online study course about Wicca

This blog discusses aspects of the Master of Wiccan Studies course offered through the ULC Seminary.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lesson 1

I thought the first lesson was an interesting overview of the modern development of Wicca. I have heard though that Margaret Murray has been discredited in much of her work describing Witch Cults. I will have to read more and I probably shouldn't just accept she's been 'discredited'. Regardless, I think a lot of people were inspired by her work. This is what drew me to Wicca. That it is in fact, a made up modern religion and it's not a Pagan Reconstructionist religion (although it has aspects). I've explored other Pagan identifications and I am most at home with the soft polytheism and dualistic aspects of Wicca. I embrace it's non-literal approach, and I'm happy to incorporate modern elements into my spirituality. I enjoyed the first lesson. Blessed Be. Raincloud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment