Online study course about Wicca

This blog discusses aspects of the Master of Wiccan Studies course offered through the ULC Seminary.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Wicca 3

As primarily a Solitary Practitioner, I find the use of the traditional tools and trappings to be a comfortable reminder of a connection to Paganism in general and Wicca in particular. 

I have also found that the more experienced the practitioner, the less the tools are necessary.  As the lesson indicated, the tools help us in visualization; to focus our attention and imaginaton.  One of my early teachers indicated. "...the working tools, the trappings and rituals are to help us 'suspend our sense of disbelief'".  I have found that all of the ritual tools, the incense and candles, the salt and,water, all help to remind me that I am ,"in a place that is not a place and in a time that is not a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment