Online study course about Wicca

This blog discusses aspects of the Master of Wiccan Studies course offered through the ULC Seminary.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Lesson 21-Ethics

I know we have mentioned the "An It Harm None, Do what thou Wilt" motto that so many of us use and most of us try not to do anything to affect another's will.  We also must consider that whatever we do, will affect something.  Back in 2011, I lost my job at a manufacturing facility.  I needed a job, so of course I did begin working on a spell, which the results did not happen right away.  First of all, I was very specific about what I wanted-and I did end up with the job I wanted.  But, I was also not the only person who interviewed for that position.  So, by me getting that job, someone else did not. Which may have meant that they could not feed their family.  Now that was not my intent, but I could have potentially put this family in a position in which they could not feed their children. But by me not getting this job, I would have lost my home.  So, the point is, there is always going to be a consequence and it will affect others.
 
Many years ago, when I was in a church, we prayed that we would have rain (a little weather magic) for our "Showers of Blessing" ladies retreat.  Guess what, it happened.  We had put the energy out there.  But it rained for days and days and days.  Why? We were not specific.  This also meant that there was a lot of area flooding.  Which flooded out some of the farm fields where we were.  Too much rain--definitely not good for growing crops. 
 
Another time, I worked on a Love Spell. Now, for a long time my taste in men we will say were not exactly good for me.  So, I devised a spell to find the "perfect" mate.  I did not ask to change his will and I did not ask for someone specific.  I asked for the Universe to find the person who was right for me.  To be honest, my husband now, is the man that was sent to me.  Would I have chosen him, no.  I always liked those "bad" boys.  But, my husband I have now, I wouldn't send him back. He has bettered me.  We had met when I was a teenager and I waited on him at a department store I worked at.  Then he waited on my at a couple of places he managed.  We even were married to other people who were not right for us.  But, the Gods did see fit to bring us together when we needed each the most.  So, if we ask right and it is part of our Perfect Will, Truth, Plan for this life, it will be brought to pass.
 
My advise for spell workings: Always be specific when working spells; think about how the results of an answered spell will affect others; divine and see if you really should work the spell.  Sometimes the spell is not in our best interest and will cause additional problems later.
 
Love and Light,
 
Rev. Candy S. Lacey-Partlow
Rose Oak Interfaith Ministries/
Coven of the Three-Fold Path
rev.cslacey@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment