Online study course about Wicca

This blog discusses aspects of the Master of Wiccan Studies course offered through the ULC Seminary.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lesson 3

Ritual Tools
 
I do love tools and the symbolism that goes with them.  But, I have practiced many a rite with none of them.  And yes that index finger does wield a lot of power.  The "power" or "energy" is within the practitioner.   Over the years we tend to collect tools,or at least I have. 
 
Of all the tools I use in ritual, my favorite is incense.  Incense sets the mood and triggers what the rite is about.  I make alot of my own blends, so I have a particular purpose for each.  Some are for healing rituals, some are to honor the ancestors,and some are for particular times of the year.  My husband and I perform many handfastings and I often make a special blend for the couple. 
 
More importantly though, the tools used in ritual are for the purpose of helping us focus on the rite and to assist us with making connection with our Deity.
 
Blessed Be!
 
Rev. Candy S. Lacey-Partlow (aka Priestess Raven)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment